Spring Cleaning: Your 2016 Checklist
Well, it’s finally that time of year again, when the cold winds have stopped blowing, the buds and flowers are beginning to peek their shy faces out to the world, and you can start doing all those fun things that you can only do in springtime. Things like hitting the beaches for Spring Break, pulling the fishing poles out of storage and heading out to wet a line, getting in the first bulbs of early garden planting, and the most fun of all, spring cleaning!
Yes, believe it or not, the annual job of spring cleaning can actually be a lot of fun for the whole family, if you approach it with the right attitude, and if you’re fully prepared with all the tools you’ll need to do the job right. Think of it as getting your arsenal ready to go out and slay the dragon. And Kole Imports is your armorer!
Seriously, being prepared for spring cleaning is the most important part of the task. You should have a specific date set aside to do it, have duties assigned to each family member, and have all your cleaning supplies, tools, and household products purchased and ready to go, so you won’t be making trips out to the store to buy things you’ve forgotten. It’s a great idea to compile a spring cleaning checklist, go online to review spring cleaning tips, and most important, take advantage of all the savings at Kole Imports spring cleaning sale!
To help with the latter, here’s a quick shopping list of spring cleaning household products and cleaning aids that you can pick up on sale at Kole Imports right now. Consider it the beginning of a spring cleaning checklist, and add to it as necessary.
- Foam Sponge Eraser Cleaning Pads – You’re going to need a lot of these, for the kitchen and the bathroom, and for any floors that pick up scuff marks.
- Jumbo Sponge Scouring Pads – Another absolute necessity for the spring cleaning chore. Might as well get the jumbo pack, because you’ll be using these all over the house, both inside and out.
- Broom and Dustpan with Handle Set – Pick up a few of these, as you can use them in the kitchen and bathroom, as well as the garage, outbuildings, and walkways. And they come in handy all year long.
- Picture Hanging Kit – Believe it, when you start taking down pictures to clean behind them (you do do that don’t you?) you’re going to break some hangers and find some that need changing. Plus you’ll be wanting to hang new things. Really a must have.
- Plastic Twine Value Pack – There will be all kinds of things you’ll want to tie up while spring cleaning, not the least of which might be the kids. Very handy stuff.
- Multi-Purpose Jersey Work Gloves – Obviously a necessity when doing heavy cleaning work. And they’re on closeout right now! Buy a bunch.
- Multi-Purpose Filter Mask – Research has shown time and again that it’s extremely unhealthy to work in area where the air quality is low, like when working with chemicals or even vacuuming. Better to be safe than sorry, and it’s such simple precaution.
- Assorted Wood Screws – Spring cleaning is more than just cleaning, it’s also a time to do routine maintenance. You’ll find all kinds of things that can be fixed quickly with the application of a wood screw. Best to have an assortment around.
- Toilet Bowl Scrubber and Storage Cup – Let’s face it, it’s just about always time to buy another one of these, but at least do it once a year, and spring is as good a time as any.