Tips For Selling Your Stuff On Craigslist
Craigslist has been around a long time. There’s a reason for that, it’s still one of the best places to buy and sell stuff. It’s easy to use and it has a wide audience. It’s especially appropriate for selling unwanted household items like you always have a big pile of after spring or fall cleaning.
But you can also sell your Kole Imports wholesale merchandise on Craigslist too. You might want to call and talk to one of Kole Imports sales professionals to get their advice on what items would do well on Craigslist.
Getting started selling is pretty easy. But there are some things to keep in mind when selling on Craigslist. Here are a few basic things to remember.
- Keep a sharp eye out for scammers, phishers, and other unsavory individuals. Unfortunately Craigslist attracts them like mosquitoes to fresh blood. Usually they’re fairly easy to spot. Some of them just want to hack into your email account. It’s not a bad idea to have a separate account dedicated to Craigslist communications.
- Go ahead and set up an account. It’s not necessary if you’re just selling one or two items, but if you plan to sell a lot it’s worth it. Your account will keep track of all the details, and you won’t have to write a whole new ad if it doesn’t sell the first time around.
- List on as many sites as you can reasonably service. If you live in an area that has nearby cities or towns that have a their own Craigslist page, go ahead and list on all of them.
- Always include pictures of your item. You can list as many as eight, so use them. Make sure they’re as clear as possible, and include pics of any damage or flaws.
- Write clear and accurate descriptions. People will call you out if there’s something not mentioned in the description, leading to lost sales and angry customers.
- Use a variety of keywords to describe your product. When people search for something on the site, it returns hits on exact words, so use as many different ones as you can, although don’t just clutter up your ad with word lists. This can get you in trouble. Use them naturally in the text.
- Include a phone number to increase sales. A lot of people don’t like to do this, which is understandable, but customers really do like the security that comes with dealing with a real person. Consider using a disposable cell phone if it worries you.
- Require buyers to pay for the item either with cash or a money order, or an immediate PayPal transfer. Never take a check. Most buyers expect and understand this, if someone tries to convince you to do otherwise, go elsewhere.
- Be considerate. When your items sells, delete your ad. It’s frustrating when someone calls you about an item just to find out it’s already been sold.